Take a virtual day-cation in one of the Czech Republic’s most beautiful towns.
Virtual: The Stunning Royal Town of Nymburk
Come Explore the Gothic Cousin of Prague and Hear Stories from Its Royal Past
- 1-4 Screens
- 5-24 Screens
- 25-49 Screens
- 50+ Screens
Join us for a virtual stroll through the streets of the medieval Nymburk. Less than an hour outside of Prague, this former royal town offers an escape from the hustle and bustle of the touristy capital. For centuries Nymburk has retained its rural character as well as its regal beauty. Let’s explore its picturesque city centre and the original fortification as we listen to interesting stories from the days gone by.
- History: Visit a charming medieval town with rich royal past
- Architecture: Admire the very well-preserved historic centre built in the Gothic style
- Great stories: Hear the sad tale of a religious war that affected the whole town
- Local experience: Learn from your expert guide about contemporary life in Nymburk, Czech beer, and more
- Make memories: Don’t forget to take pictures to show your friends afterwards
A Historic Walk
On this tour we’re going to learn about the founding of Nymburk in the 13th century and its development through centuries until today. Together with your knowledgeable guide, a nearby resident, you’ll admire the gothic architecture of the historic centre and the fortification that surrounds it.
Travel through Time and Space
Let your guide carry you away to the pre-WWII era of communist Czechoslovakia and to the daily lives of Nymburk’s citizens, as portrayed in the novels of the famous Czech author, Bohumil Hrabal. You can still feel the atmosphere of those times as you walk around the cute little town. We’ll also mention beer as it is an indispensable part of the Czech culture and we’ll explain the importance of the local brewery in Nymburk. The tour ends on the romantic banks of the Labe (Elbe) River, a popular spot for local gatherings in the summer and the main energy-supplier for the whole town.
What Else You Should Know
- Communication on virtual tours is crucial, don’t be afraid to ask questions!
- One booking is for one household – there’s no need to pay for more people who are in the same room.
- We’ll send you a ZOOM link after you book your virtual tour.
- This is a live-streamed tour where your guide walks around Nymburk while you relax in the comfort of your home.