Christmas is one of the best times to visit Prague. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to experience Prague Christmas without having to endure the frosty Czech winter!
Virtual: Get into the Christmas Spirit with a Delicious Mulled Wine Recipe
Get Your Ingredients Ready and Cook Along!
- 1-4 Screens
- 5-24 Screens
- 25-49 Screens
- 50+ Screens
There’s no denying it – Czechs simply love their Christmas season! Maybe it’s the twinkling lights in the streets, the smell of Christmas cookies in the oven or the properly spiced mulled wine that warms us up inside. Join in this magical atmosphere of Czech Christmas from the comfort of your home! This virtual experience will teach you to make the wonderful mulled wine in your own cosy kitchen. Enjoy a cup of this delicious festive drink and hear the stories of unusual Czech Christmas traditions that are bound to make your holiday season truly magical.
- New cooking skill: Learn to prepare a delicious mulled wine to spice up your holiday season
- Family-friendly: Discover how to make a non-alcoholic version and share this treat with the whole family
- Cultural lesson: Discover who brings presents in the Czech Republic and other Christmas traditions
- Fun facts: Find out why Czechs have live carps in their bathtubs at Christmastime
- The spirit of Christmas: Feel the festive vibe as you let the smell of cinnamon and other spices penetrate your whole household
For 4 servings:
- 1 bottle or 700ml of red wine
- ½ cup or 120ml water
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 5-10 cloves
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- 1-2 star anise
- ¼ tsp nutmeg (optional)
Bring water to a boil and add sugar. Let it melt in the boiling water and then add all the spices. Boil for 2-3 minutes, until the spices release their fragrance.
Then lower the fire and add the wine. Let it simmer for 15-20 minutes, making sure it never reaches the point of boiling (which would evaporate the alcohol).
And that’s it! You can pour the wine through a sieve to eliminate the spices. For serving, cut slices of orange and let them float on top of your delicious mulled wine. Enjoy!
What Else You Should Know
- If you want to cook along, make sure to have all the ingredients ready before the start of the experience. Don’t be afraid to ask questions during the process!
- One booking is for one household – there’s no need to pay for more people who are in the same room.
- We’ll send you a ZOOM link after you book your virtual experience.
- This is a live-streamed virtual experience where the guide does the cooking/baking at the same time as you’re watching in the comfort of your home.