History lovers alert! We bet Prague Castle is on your Prague must-see list. Let’s walk together through a lesser-known entrance to the complex and explore the most magnificent site in our country. You’ll love the architecture and the splendid views from its gardens.
Perfect Day in Prague: City Highlights from Local Perspective
with a Delicious Czech Lunch Included
- Small-Group Tour per person
- Private Tour starting at
The Best of Prague
Looking for a way to see all the ‘Greatest hits of Prague’ in just one day? This tour will not only guide you through the picturesque streets of the historical centre of Prague, but also provide the foundation for the rest of your trip. Enjoy the breath-taking views and the historical insight of our guides, savor traditional Czech dishes and experience our city from a different perspective.
- Prague in one day: Get a perfect overview of the city and see all the different architectural styles of its main historical areas in a couple of hours
- Must-sees: Admire iconic sites such as the Old Town Square, Astronomical Clock, Prague Castle with St. Vitus Cathedral, Estates Theater, Kampa Island, Church of St. Nicholas, Municipal House and the Powder Tower
- Amazing views: Take advantage of the ultimate picture-postcard views from the architecturally unique Charles Bridge
- Tasty lunch included: Enjoy a typical Czech lunch in a traditional restaurant from the 13th century
- Hidden gems: Avoid tourist traps and let us show you our favourite secret spots
- Local culture: Learn surprising facts about Czech culture that no travel guides write about
- Small group: Experience Prague in the friendly and intimate atmosphere of a small-sized group with a local guide
- Pro tips: Let us equip you with plenty of recommendations for the rest of your trip
- Optional add-on: Hop aboard the replica of a 19th-century boat to enjoy a fresh perspective of the city with a local-brewed Pilsner in your hand
An Authentic Experience
The best way to experience Prague is with a passionate resident by your side. Our city might be a tourist hot spot but there are so many hidden gems to discover that you can turn your sightseeing into a real local adventure. As we explore the iconic Old Town, the Lesser Town and the Prague Castle complex, we’ll take you to the must-see sites as well as some of our favourite secret spots.
Sights You Wouldn’t Want to Miss
From our meeting in front of the Municipal House, to the final goodbye at the Prague Castle, this tour is filled with historical sites that make up the great architectural profile of Prague. Leaving the city without seeing any of these is as if you’ve never been here at all!
As we roam the narrow alleyways that make up the Old Town, you’ll get to admire the gorgeous Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque architectural styles of its many churches and other historic buildings. In the Old Town Square, we’ll witness the famous Astronomical Clock, one of our most iconic landmarks.
History, Architecture and Picture-Worthy Views
Make sure to bring your camera! As we cross to the other side of the Vltava River, we’ll get some stunning views of the city. The second oldest bridge in the country, Charles Bridge became an open-air gallery and a symbol of Prague. Next stop is the Church of St. Nicholas, our most beautiful church, and its Bell Tower used by the secret police force during the Communist era to spy on foreign embassies.
Our last stop is the world-famous Prague Castle. Perched atop a hill, it’s the world’s largest castle complex and no visit to Prague is complete without a peak into its stunning grounds. (On this tour we’ll explore the exteriors only but if you’d like to go inside, let us know and we can organise that for you on a separate tour – you’ll need at least 3 hours for that!)
Together, we’ll grab a delicious and filling lunch at a traditional restaurant from the same era as the Charles Bridge. No worries if you aren’t a meat-lover, we have you covered with a vegetarian option.
Discover Prague in a Small Group
With just a few fellow travellers and the company of a passionate, knowledgeable guide, this is the best way to cram in all that Prague has to offer in just a couple of hours while feeling like you’re on a day out with friends!
How ‘bout a Boat?
If you are up to a sailor-ending of the day, just let us know and we’ll take you for an optional add-on onto the water! Sit back and relax as we cruise down the Vltava River on board the replica of a 19th-century sailboat, with a Czech beer (or other beverage) in-hand.
What Else You Should Know
If you love history, culture and exploring interesting places along with new friends, this Prague City Highlights tour is for you!
- Our tours run rain or shine
In case of rain, please dress accordingly and bring an umbrella or a raincoat with you. In winter, temperatures can get quite low, be aware of that and put an extra sweater into your backpack. But remember – it’s your vacation, so if you are cold during the tour, just say so to your guide. There’s always a cafe nearby where you can warm up and then go on with the tour.
- Put on your walking shoes
Walking involved in the tours vary as each tour guide takes a slightly different route (which means you can take our tours multiple times and always discover something new). But we still run cultural and food tours, we don’t run marathons. If you lose weight on our tour, we’ll offer a refund :-). However, please do let us know in advance if you have mobility issues. We can always adjust the itinerary so that there’s less walking included.
- So I have these food restrictions?
Traditional Czech cuisine relies heavily on meat, milk and butter. As much as we’d love to host anyone on our tours, please know that we cannot properly feed you if you are vegan or lactose-intolerant. Please contact us if you would like recommendations for good places for you to try outside of this tour – we are happy to help.
Vegetarians are welcome on all of our tours.
- Everything’s covered, right?
In the restaurant, your guide will be making all the payments, including a tip on your behalf to the staff.
- Want to make this tour private?
We’ll pick you up at your hotel (or elsewhere in the city center).
Choose your own starting time.
Have the guide just for yourself.
Check out our Local Guide to Prague and tour the city like a pro!