Join our guide as they take you away from the tourist area and leads you to local breweries where you will sample some of the Czechs finest beer and food.
Prague in a Day: City Highlights Walking Tour
Start Location: In front of the main entrance to the Municipal House (Obecní Dům), Namesti Republiky 5. Closest mestro station – NAMESTI REPUBLIKY.
Guests’ pickup is offered for the private group option. Pick up time adjustable upon your request. We will meet you at your Prague hotel lobby. Our guide will be holding a sign with your name.
End Location: Prague Castle District
Tour Group Size: 12 people maximum per guide
Inclusions: Lunch with four options from classic Czech dishes (vegetarians welcome!); tram ticket as needed; map of Prague; friendly, knowledgeable, English-speaking local tour guide.
Exclusions: Additional food and drink; items of a personal nature; tips/gratuities for your guide, 45-minute river cruise with small refreshment
- Small-Group Tour
- Private Tour from
A day trip through the sights of Prague
Looking for a way to see all the ‘Greatest hits of Prague’ in one day? This tour will not only guide you through the picturesque streets of the historical centre of Prague, but also provide the foundation for the rest of your Prague trip. Enjoy the breath-taking sights and historical insight of our guides, taste classic Czech dishes, and experience our city from a different perspective.
- See the different architectural styles of Prague as you explore the city’s main historical neighbourhoods
- As an optional add-on, hop aboard a replica of 19th-century boat to enjoy a fresh perspective of our city, with a locally brewed Pilsner in-hand
- Visit iconic Prague monuments like Astronomical Clock, Charles Bridge, St. Vitus Cathedral and the Lennon Wall
- Enjoy a typical Czech lunch (with 4 options to choose from) and a local drink
- Fall in love with Prague (optional, but VERY probable!)
The best way to experience Prague is with a local by your side. That’s because even though our city is a tourist hot spot, there are so many hidden gems to discover that will give you a true local experience. On this Prague tour, we’ll take you to the must-see sites, but also show you some of our favourite secret spots as we explore Old Town, New Town, the Jewish Quarter, the Lesser Town and Prague Castle complex.
We’ll kick off your walking tour at our meeting point of Municipal House, a beautiful Art Deco gem in the heart of the city. Once you’ve met your guide and the rest of your small group, we’ll head off to the historic Havelsky Market – a favourite of locals since 1232.
Next up, we’ll head down the narrow alleyways that make up Old Town, passing churches and palaces that feature gorgeous Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque architecture styles. At the Old Town Square, you’ll see the famous Astronomical Clock, one of our most iconic landmarks.
Together, we’ll grab lunch at a traditional restaurant serving typical Czech cuisine. Enjoy one of the Czech classics that’s always on feature, no worries if you aren’t a meat-lover, we have you covered with a vegetarian option. Our last stop is back on land: the must-see Prague Castle. Perched atop a hill, Prague Castle is the world’s largest castle complex and no visit to Prague is complete without a visit to its stunning grounds. We’ll ride the local tram up to reach it, with time to wander and explore its many gates, courtyards and buildings (exteriors only though, but if you’d like to go in too, let us know and we can organise that for you on a separate tour – it takes a good 3 hours!) , such as the most beautiful cathedral in the country.
With a small, intimate group and a passionate and knowledgeable guide, this is the best way to cram in all the best that Prague has to offer, in just one day.
And if you feel you are up to a sailor-ending of the day, tell your guide and it’s out onto the water then! Sit back and relax as we cruise down the Vltava River on board a replica of a 19th-century sailboat, with a Czech beer (or other beverage) in-hand.
- Our tours run rain or shine. In case of rain, please dress accordingly and bring an umbrella or a raincoat with you. In winter, temperatures can get quite low, remember that and put an extra sweater into your backpack. But remember – it’s your vacation, so if you are cold during the tour, just say so to your guide. There’s always a cafe nearby where you can warm up and then go on with the tour.
- Walking involved in the tours may vary as each tour guide takes a slightly different route (Which means you can take our tours multiple times and always discover something new!). But we still run food and cultural tours, we don’t run marathons. If you lose weight on our tour, we’ll offer a refund :-). However, please do let us know in advance if you do have mobility issues. We can always adjust the itinerary so that not much walking is included.
- Food Allergies: Unless you suffer from multiple, combined food allergies, or unless you are a vegan, we will figure it out. Vegetarians are welcome on all tours. It’s even OK to join our beer and tapas tour even if you don’t drink beer. (Just don’t expect the wine substitute will be of superior quality – we do visit beer-centric places).
- In the restaurants, your guide will be making all the payments, including a tip on your behalf to the staff.