Discover what life was about during the 40 years of communism in former Czechoslovakia with an expert local guide.
Virtual: Stories of Prague Jewish Quarter and WWII
Stroll through the Streets of the Jewish Quarter and Hear Stories from the Times of WWII
- 1-4 Screens
- 5-24 Screens
- 25-49 Screens
- 50+ Screens
Jews inhabited Prague for over a thousand of years and the history of their community is closely related to the development of the city. Join us for this virtual stroll through the streets of our Jewish Quarter and listen to the intriguing stories from the times of World War II.
- Culture: Learn about the daily lives and sufferings of the Jewish community in the Josefov ghetto
- Architecture: Admire several different synagogues, each of them unique in their architectural styles
- History: Visit the Old Jewish Cemetery, one of the oldest in Europe
- Storytelling: Hear interesting stories about the heroes of the era and the sacrifices they made to spark some hope in the darkest of times
- Legacy: Find out the meaning behind the so-called “Stumbling Stones” and their location throughout the city
- Make memories: Don’t forget to take pictures to show your friends afterwards
Journey through Time and Space
Come explore the mysterious fifth quarter of Prague! Rich in history and architecture, the Jewish Quarter is one of the most picturesque neighbourhoods in the city. Let’s travel back in time and relive the pivotal moments in the entrancing history of its inhabitants and their famous representatives.
Dramatic Stories of Ordinary People
This experience will take you through the scenic Josefov quarter, the former Jewish ghetto, with its remaining six synagogues and one of Europe’s oldest surviving Jewish cemeteries. Let your knowledgeable guide be your eyes as you stroll the streets and listen to their narration of the heartbreaking dramas that surrounded the lives of many Czechoslovakians during World War II. Uncover the grim truth behind the Nazi assassinations, learn about the everyday struggles for survival in the concentration camps and contemplate the hardships of the life under the Third Reich.
What Else You Should Know
- Each guide in our group has a different take on Prague’s history, so every virtual tour is a bit different. That being said, don’t be afraid to ask questions!
- One booking is for one household – there’s no need to pay for more people who are in the same room.
- We’ll send you a ZOOM link after you book your virtual tour.
- This is a live-streamed tour where your guide walks around Prague while you relax in the comfort of your home.