Prague’s Merry Markets Christmas Tour
Duration: 2.5 hours
Meeting point: Náměstí Franze Kafky 24 (Franz Kafka Square no. 24), Prague 1, Old Town. View on Google Maps. Closest metro & tram station is Staroměstská, on the A (green) metro line.
Ending point: Václavské náměstí (Wenceslas Square ). View on Google Maps.
Inclusions: Local English-speaking guide, mulled wine and mead, traditional Christmas snack, and public transportation during tour.
Exclusions: Additional food and drinks, souvenirs and personal shopping, transportation to and from the meeting and end points, and tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Small-Group Tour From Ages 15+
- Private Tour Starting from
Christmas in Prague Tour Highlights
Christmas markets hold a special place in Europeans’ hearts. Maybe it’s the Old City lit up by lamplight and Christmas lights, and the wooden stands showcasing handmade goods and homemade goodies. Maybe it’s the tranquil vibe emanating from the market area, despite all the bustle. Or maybe it’s the smell of roasted nuts, a properly spiced mulled wine, gingerbread, and cut pine. All of these add something unique to an already intriguing city, so let’s navigate with you through oft-missed parts of Prague — with a few treats along the way!
- Visit Prague’s main Christmas market as well as two local ones
- Sip on mulled wine and mead while snacking on potato pancake from a grill, roasted nuts, or other delicious Christmas treats
- Discover why Santa doesn’t come here (also, why are girls throwing shoes?)
- Learn about Czech Christmas traditions before and after the 1989 Revolution
- Admire the Prague Holiday decorations and enjoy the fairy-tale-like atmosphere with a local host
Ms. Samantha B. from Australia travelled on 29 Dec 2019
We just got back from a tremendous evening with Michaela and Theresa on the Christmas market tour. We thought we had done it all with some of the more commercial and popular markets, which were littered with clueless tourists like us – boy were we wrong! They took us to the markets that were much quieter and frequented by locals, and have us a storied history into the many traditions and customs of the Czech people. We always love a good urban adventures tour, and this was no exception. 5 stars, highly recommend! No one knows a country like the locals!